Thursday, January 23, 2014

Through the Core

Ah, the common core.  That pesky buzz phrase running rampant around education.  From many it elicits extended strains of profanity while others respond with praise.  I admit, I am in the latter group.  Don't think less of me, but I am loving the content in this new core.  Maybe it's because the core changed the same year I started a new grade so the change wasn't so extreme.  I don't know for sure.  My biggest hurdle thus far has been that the district for which I teach decided to create its own materials for teachers to use.  They started this process a little late and it's taken quite a bit of time to get it finished and usable.  So, without a lot of choice in the matter, I started doing what we all end up doing.  Creating stuff myself.  And it turns out that I like doing it. Again, don't judge because I'm going to share it with you!  Maybe you'll find some useful things along the way that will shorten your outbursts and ease your frustrations - at least for a lesson or two.  That's my hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment